Custom Search

Monday, July 14, 2008

Women in Midlife - Living Single Everyday

Do not for a moment, get it twisted and think that women in transition are lying about pining away for a man! nooo, far from it. In fact, my friend who has made a prosperous career from her freelance consulting/writing business is hardly ever available for some good old fashioned girl's night out... due in part to her social dating calendar of quality men she deems having the potential of being a" Keeper". I am also not one to languish in despair, simply because I have not yet, met my own "Keeper"... keeping busy enjoying the freedom of finding myself and liking what I am discovering during this phase of man not on board. For instance:

I am a creature of habit in that I like to sleep with few restrictions. I am loving the freedom of prancing about uninhibited in the privacy of my own space.

I love it when I can flirt with members of the opposite sex, knowing that it's not meant to be serious, unless I want it to be. I have a choice in who I want to spend my time with...invite for a drink...introduce to friends/family... form a bond of trust with...share my secrets... I love curling up with a big bowl of black walnut ice cream/watching a sappy tearjerker, or, horrid, horror flick...I like having a glass of wine while listening to a once upon a time true love sing the blues like no other bluesman can...I love that I've found my niche in freelance writing. I love that others are enjoying what I do as well...

I still find it awesome that men who are totally strangers can admire the locks I sport, or, the grey hair I am refusing to color...I'm empowered to be the me of who I am... which brings me to my reason for being. My purpose and passion for life allows me to be creative, spiritual and real, which men find attractive.

I advocate for women of a certain age who are single and living life everyday, to look for the silver lining in their midlife transitions...find that passion that might have lain dormant in the face of raising a family, supporting husbands and building friendships during the first half of your life. Today, it is time for a change for babyboomers, women of a certain age and seniors who still have a desire to live life productive and whole. And if, by chance, your 'keeper' happens in your path of living a whirlwind life, by all means be inviting and willing to give romance a second and even third time around!

Clara B. Freeman is a freelance writer/poet and columnist living in Illinois. To learn more about her work, visit her website http://www.clarawriter.com

No comments:

Custom Search